- In these Terms and Conditions the following words or phrases shall unless the context otherwise requires have the following meanings:
"Client" means the client as set out on the reverse;
"Company" means Chilford Hundred Limited of Chilford Halls, Linton, Cambridge, CB21 6LE;
"Function" means the function to be held in the Room (s) on the Function Date by the Client
"Function Date" means the date as set out on the reverse;
"Minimum Charge" means the charge as set out on the reverse;
"Room" means the room(s) as set out on the reverse.
- The clause headings are inserted for convenience only and shall not affect the construction or interpretation of this agreement.
- Where the context requires the singular includes the plural and vice versa and any gender includes the other gender.
- Function: In consideration of the payment of the Charges by the Client to the Company the Company grants the Client permission to hold the Function in the Room on the Function Date in accordance with these Terms and Conditions
- Whole Agreement: These Terms and Conditions together with the booking form and acceptance on the reverse constitute the whole agreement between the Client and the Company. The parties agree that in entering into this agreement they do not rely and shall have no remedy in respect of any statement, representation, warranty or understanding (whether negligently or innocently made! of any person, whether a party to this agreement or not) other than as expressly set out in these Terms and Conditions as a warranty. Nothing in this clause shall, however, operate to limit or exclude any liability for fraud No variations of this agreement (including variation of the numbers attending) shall be valid unless it is made in writing and signed by a duly authorised representative of the Company.
- If the Client cancels a booking or the Client's guests do not arrive, the Client shall pay the Company a cancellation/non-arrival fee. The Company will use all reasonable efforts to re-let the Room but if it is unable to do so the following charges shall apply;
- In all cases the deposit is forfeit;
- Depending on the date the cancellation notice is received in writing by the Company:
- More than 90 days prior to the Function: 25% of the Minimum Charge;
- Between 90 and 42 days prior to the Function: 50% of the Minimum Charge;
- Between 41 and 7 days prior to the Function: 75% of the Minimum Charge;
- Less than 7 days prior to the Function: 100% of the Minimum Charge. Written notice of cancellation must be sent by recorded delivery
- The Company may cancel the Contract if:
- The Client fails to make any payments on a due date; or
- The Client commits any other breach of terms of the Contract.
- Final Numbers and Staffing: The Client must notify the Company in writing, not less than 7 days before the Function Date, of the final numbers attending. Extra staff can be provided if requested by the Client in writing. The Company reserves the right to make additional charges for such extra staff.
- Confirmation of Numbers: You must confirm the actual number of people attending at least [7 days] before the Date of Event.
- Contract: The contract comes into effect when the owner receives a copy of the contract signed by the Client together with the specified deposit.
- Booking Information: The Hirer must inform the Company in writing at the time of booking of the purpose for which the Premises are required and the nature of the Clients business and the Company reserves the right to refuse any booking in its absolute discretion.
The maximum number of people attending the Event will be notified to the company by the Client at [7 days] prior to the Event and that number will not vary the number previously estimated by more than [5%] without the prior written consent of the Company.
- Facilities: The facilities to be provided by the Company include the Premises with access to cloakroom and washroom facilities. Audio-visual and other requested equipment will either be provided by the Company or, if provided by the Client, will be installed by the Company at the cost of the Client. All such equipment and installation works shall be subject to the prior approval of the Company. All equipment brought into the premises shall require the prior written consent of the Company and will be entirely at the Clients risk. All equipment of the Client must be removed promptly at the end of the Event.
- A non-refundable deposit is payable on signing these Terms and Conditions as set out on the reverse which will be receipted as confirmation of the booking. The Company reserves the right to require payment in full of the outstanding balance at any time prior to the Function Date.
- All prices are stated in pounds sterling inclusive of Value Added Tax where applicable.
- The client will be invoiced by the Company within fifteen days from the Function Date for all sums outstanding as at that date.
- Payment of all sums due under sub-paragraph 10.3 above shall be made within fourteen days of the invoice date. The Company reserves the right to charge interest for late payment of accounts on a daily basis from the date that payment is due until this date of actual payment (both before and after any judgement) at the rate of 3% per annum above the base rate of Nat West Bank plc from time to time in force.
- The Company reserves the right to charge the Client at its usual rate for the use of the Premises if the use continues after the time at which the Event is due to end.
- Force Majeure
The Company reserves the right to cancel any bookings forthwith if there occurs any event beyond the reasonable control of the Company which necessitates cancellation of the booking, including (But not limited to) damage or destruction of the Room by fire or other cause or industrial dispute or strike. In these circumstances the Company will use all reasonable efforts to assist the Client to make a booking elsewhere and any prepaid deposit will be returned to the Client.
- Client's Property
- The Company can accept no responsibility for the personal property of the Client or their guests while on the Company's premises. Cloakrooms are provided for the convenience of the Client and their guests but all goods are deposited at the owners' risk and without any obligation on the part of the Company, including liability for damage or loss. All vehicles parked on Company property are parked at the owners' risk.
- The Client may only deliver goods or materials or arrange for such delivery to the Company's premises or the Room by previous arrangement with the Company. It is the responsibility of the Client to ensure that it has agents available and ready to accept delivery unless it has made other previous arrangements with the Company.
- The Client shall not deliver, store or place on the Company's premises, or within the vicinity of the premises, any inflammable, objectionable or poisonous substance without the previous written agreement of the Company.
- Client's Obligations
The Client agrees:
- To use the Room only for the purpose of holding the Function.
- Not to use the Room or any part of it for activities which are dangerous offensive noxious illegal or immoral or which are or may become a nuisance to the Company or the occupiers of any adjoining Room
- Not to do anything which might invalidate any insurance maintained by the Company in respect of the Room or which might increase the insurance premium payable for the Room.
- Not to bring or allow any guests to bring into the Room any animals without the prior written consent of the Company.
- Not to park anywhere other than the allocated car parks and not to obstruct or allow guests to block the access ways or roads.
- Liability of the Company
- Except for injury to or death of any person (for which no limit applies), the Company will not be liable (under contract, by negligence or any other way) for any indirect or consequential loss or damage arising out of, or in connection with this agreement and the Company's total aggregate liability for any loss or damage in respect of this agreement will not exceed the amount of the fees paid by the Client
- Any claim in respect of damage or loss by the Client or its guests must be made in writing within seven days of the damage or loss occurring.
The Client shall be liable for and shall indemnify the Company against any loss or damage incurred by the Company as a result of any act or omission or breach of Contract by the Hirer or by any of its guests or other third party for which it is responsible.
- Food and Drink: No food or drink shall be brought into the Premises by the Client or any of its guest. Catering will, unless otherwise agreed, be arranged by the Company. Only in exceptional cases will the Client be permitted to engage its own caterers. In that event, the caterers and the equipment which they proposed bringing onto the premises must be approved in advance by the Company. If approved, all equipment and all unused food and drink shall be promptly removed by the Client at the end of the Event.
- Governing Law: The Contract is governed by [English law] and the parties submit to the jurisdiction of the [English] courts.